Pray for the Colorado’s Weld County Sheriff, Steve Reams and his command staff.
Let us pray for Colorado’s Weld County Sheriff, Steve Reams, and his command staff. There are three members of his command staff: Undersheriff Donnie Patch, Captain Alan Caldwell, and Captain Sam Kaneta.
- Pray for the true conversion of each member of the Command Staff that each would represent Weld County as one who will give account to God, truly and sincerely professing their allegiance to Him that their conversion and subsequent life is coupled with a desire for obedience and a growing knowledge of God’s will, such that their sincerity and love for Christ would shine through their actions and be a worthy witness even in the face of persecution and political opposition. (Colossians 1.9-13, Psalm 2.10-12)
- Pray that each person would recognize their position as ministers of God for good, that they would promote good according to God’s Word, reinforce the standards of morality as described in the Scripture and not in the conventional wisdom of the world and society, that there would be growth in grace in their callings, godly prosecution of their duty, glorifying God as they labor in His ordinance, loving the good, hating the evil, promoting that which is good and upright, as ministers of God for good. . (7, Deuteronomy 17.14-17)
- Pray that as peace officers, they would know the Word of the Lord, and perform their offices more and more according to that righteous Standard, upholding justice, and using their offices for the glory of God and the good of the people, that they would not obey nor enforce but resist unlawful orders in the protection of those they were elected/ appointed to serve and protect to the glory of Christ.. (Psalm 82.3, 2 Samuel 23.1-7)
- Pray for wisdom for each that they would execute a godly office with humility, integrity, and honor as peace officers of Weld County, and that they would be given strength to oppose unjust laws from the state and federal government but that they would seek to govern the county with honor and integrity according to the Word of God. (Proverbs 3:27, 20.14, James 2:9)
- Pray that in their interactions with the people of God, that both they and the people would behave with proper honor regarding official authority, fearing the Lord, and applying godly means of relief when oppressed or unjustly treated or threatened. Pray that Christians would not be an unruly or censorious people, but an adornment to any kingdom in which they live, speaking truth, doing justice, and seeking that which is right and just in the eyes of God. (Zechariah 8.16-18; 1 Peter 2.13-18)
- Pray that all would recognize civil authority as an ordinance of God, doing good at all times regarding our civil responsibility, obeying wholesome laws, praying for magistrates, speaking the truth of God’s Word to them, assisting them in their labors according to ability and station, serving them. (1 Timothy 2.1-8)
More in Prayers for Authority and All Men
January 15, 2022Pray that the Church, her officers and members, would love the Lord first, wholly, in truth, and at
January 14, 2022Pray for the Church, that she would return to a godly use of the Great Creeds and Confessions of the
December 25, 2021Pray for the Purity of the Worship of the Church